Zantac was a popular drug for many years but has now been removed from shelves. If you are wondering why this once popular heart burn medication is now facing recall and litigation, listen to this podcast episode.
In this episode Clay Hodges shares the story of Zantac, how successful marketing turned the medication into a blockbuster, and how harmful chemicals eventually forced it off the market. If you or someone you know may have taken Zantac, this episode is full of vital and resourceful information.
- What is Zantac
- How marketing enhanced the popularity of Zantac
- The negative impacts of NDMA and what makes it dangerous
- What makes NDMA a major health risk
- How NDMA can form in the body after taking Zantac
- Ways NDMA can show up in the Zantac manufacturing process
- Zantac multidistrict litigation (MDL) and other issues with ranitidine
Contact Clay: 919–546-8788
Note: Defendants in the Zantac/ranitidine litigation dispute many of the allegations in the MDL litigation, and Plaintiffs will have to prove their cases in court. The information provided in this podcast was developed from studies, news articles, and publicly-available court materials.